What are your goals? What are the obstacles that are in your way, or that you think are in your way? Think about what is important to you. Grab a piece of paper and sit with it for a moment…
- Write down up to 3 health & fitness related goals.
- Create S.M.A.R.T goals. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic & Time sensitive.
- Ex: “My goal is to increase my green vegetable intake to 2 cups each day by the 7th of next month”
- Ex: It’s hard to get my 2 cups of veggies in during the weekend. I don’t have a schedule and I tend to eat out more.
- At the end of the day we cannot change anyone else but ourselves.
- Ex: I will plan to create a schedule for my weekends, by planning ahead and either preparing meals at home or by finding a restaurant that will have a few veggie selections to choose from.
At the end of the day WE are responsible for OURSELVES. We can not change anyone else around us, even if we think THEY are the obstacle. As much as we think others should change, WE are the only ones WE can change. When did being assertive become being rude? When did that conception form? Saying what we need is the most amazing thing we can do for ourselves. It gives us a voice, some ground to stand on, some values we can be proud of. Most importantly we need to tell ourselves what we need and then tell those around us that we love so much. Imagine how powerful it would be if we always SAID what we NEEDED and it was HEARD! Becoming assertive is a challenge for many people. It requires us to stand up for ourselves and not settle for anything less. Is there anywhere else in your life that you are not standing up for what you need?
Each obstacle we cross, we are one step closer to our goals!