Enjoy this Tahitian salad!
1 pound – High Grade Ahi Tuna
1/2 cup – Lime Juice (or 3-4 limes worth – not sour ones!)
1/2 cup – Coconut Milk (preferably fresh, but canned works too – I typically use organic light coconut milk)
1/2 cup – Cucumber – peeled sliced & seeded
1 Tomato – chopped
1 Carrot – shredded
1/2 small Onion – finely chopped
3 tbsp – Cilantro – minced (optional)
1 Scallions minced (optional)
1. Prepare the Ahi by slicing into 1/2″ cubes & soaking in lightly Salted fresh Water while you prepare the Veggies.
2. Prepare Veggies as listed above, then drain the Salt Water from the bowl.
3. Add the Lime juice. Toss the Ahi to work in the Lime juice for about 2-3 minutes. Drain the extra lime juice from the bowl, leaving only a bit (depending on how much you like lime).
4. Add the Veggies (including optional Cilantro & Scallion) & toss.
5. Pour in the Coconut Milk & toss. (I tend to skimp on the milk to avoid extra calories, but coconut milk is really good for you!)
6. Add salt to taste & serve.
7. For an extra touch, serve in the coconut shell. This dish is often served with rice
Total Calories: 667