You can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save more lives!
To be eligible to enroll in CPS-3, men and women should:
- Be between 30 and 65 years old
- Have no personal history of cancer (this does not include basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- Be willing to make a long-term commitment to the study which simply involves completing periodic follow-up questionnaires.
The goal of CPS-3 is to better understand ways to prevent cancer. Once a person has cancer, the body has been affected by the disease, treatment, and/or lifestyle changes as a result of the diagnosis. For this reason, we strongly encourage individuals without a history of cancer to enroll.
Enrollment is free and will take place at various locations throughout the Los Angeles area between April 18, 2013 and May 9, 2013. To schedule your 30-minute enrollment appointment, find and click on the location most convenient for you from the list below.
Study participation involves:
- Reading and signing an informed consent form
- Completing a survey
- Providing a waist circumference measurement providing a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit)
- Upon completion of these steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
For more information, find your region below or call toll free 1-888-604-5888.
Culver City Area (Culver City, Westchester, Santa Monica, West LA, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach): Click Here
Burbank Area (Burbank, Woodland Hills, Sunland, Santa Clarita): Click Here
Los Angeles Area (Los Angeles, Downtown Los Angeles, South Los Angeles, East Los Angeles, West Hollywood): Click Here
Long Beach Area (Long Beach, Downey, Artesia, Wilmington): Click Here
Pasadena Area (Duarte, Pasadena, Montebello, Walnut, Pomona): Click Here