Long Beach Boot Camp is a monthly outdoor fitness program offering fitness training, nutritional counseling & motivational training to make DRAMATIC changes in your physical and mental well-being. We add MORE LIFE TO YOUR YEARS! We emphasize proper form, technique, safety, nutritional education and self-reliance. We will provide you with tools to unlock a stronger, healthier version of yourself! Re-energize yourself and your body!
If you feel like you have to be “in shape” before you enroll in Boot Camp – NOT TRUE. Classes are designed to go at your own pace, yet are challenging & fun for everyone. We have people of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels sharing a common goal: health & fitness. Come outdoors and experience what the buzz around Long Beach is all about.
• Go at YOUR own pace (with the motivation of our trainers) Feel a sense of camaraderie, you are not alone in your challenge or success
• Injury prevention exercises
• Alternate exercise for pre-existing injuries
• Proper form education
• 1 on 1 attention to your specific needs
• Encouraging instructors, not militant yelling
• Nutritional guidance to your success
• Education for you to meet your fitness and performance potential
• Great music to keep you motivated
Long Beach Boot Camp can be 1 month in duration or as long as a life time. You can choose from several packages ranging from a pack of classes to an annual auto pay membership.
YES! We understand that life changes sometimes daily and flexibility is key! You are welcome to go to any class time, location or trainer. Please feel free to go to the class that suits your schedule.
Wednesday’s: Each Wednesday your instructor will make nutrition come to life in class. Towards the end of your full boot camp class, your instructor will teach your class about a nutrition topic for the week.
Friday’s: Each Friday we offer hill training & Boga classes for you to choose from. Please see our daily class schedule for times. (Sac / Long Beach Page)
Hill: The “hill” class meets at Signal Hill for a hill workout. This workout is designed to increase your endurance, speed, running efficiency and give you an over all great workout that burns anywhere from 500 – 800 calories!
Boga: Boga is a fusion class combining traditional Boot Camp style workouts with traditional Yoga postures. Prepare to sweat, breathe & increase your flexibility!
Learn more about Boga
Boot Camp / Boga Classes
• Yoga mat
• Hand weights
(Beginner = 5 pounds, Intermediate = 6-8 pounds, Advanced = 10-20 pounds)
• Resistance band with covered tube & handles as seen in photo
(trainer may have one for purchase of $20 that are high quality 20-25lbs of resistance)
• Water bottle
• Water bottle only
1. We pride ourselves on taking care of each boot camper’s needs.
2. Pre-Evaluation - First week you start camp
Plan to achieve your goals by scheduling your one-on-one assessment with our Certified Fitness Consultant. You will discuss your personal goals, address any health concerns, obtain initial measurements & ask any questions you might have. We will help you develop a strategy to reach your goals and keep your commitment to them. To set up appointment, please call our office at 562.343.5230 or 415. 640.5460 for direct assistance.
3. Daily Workout – Resistance Training, Core Conditioning, Muscular Strength Training, Full Body Workouts, Circuit Training, Jumping Rope, Running/Jogging/Walking, Hiking, Kick Boxing, Pilates, Sport Yoga, Sports Drills, Obstacle Courses, Stair Workouts, Partner Drills, Short Distance Running (less than 1 mile) & of course fun, challenging and different ever day.
4. Graduation – Final Friday of each month!
Congratulations! You have made it through your month of Boot Camp. Enjoy & celebrate reaching your goals and staying committed throughout the program. Receive your decoration from your Long Beach Boot Camp instructor!
5. F.I.T Program – Fitness Improvement Testing
The last Saturday of the month we will test your overall strength, agility, balance, endurance and speed. If this is your first month with us, you have already completed the first round! Your attendance in class qualifies your completion of round 1. Make sure you go to the F.I.T day to receive your decoration. For round 2 – 10, schedule your F.I.T day using the live schedule. Upon completion of each round, you will receive the next decoration!
Testing is only held once a month and you must sign up in advance for it. Space is limited to the first 20 people that want to participate.
6. Post-Evaluation – Last week of each month
Schedule your Post-Evaluation with your Certified Fitness Consultant to obtain your final measurements. Compare these to your initial measurements and celebrate your success! Typical results are 2-3 inch reduction in midsection/hips, 5-12 lbs of weight loss & 2-3 lbs of muscle gain. To set up appointment, please call our office at 562.343.5230 or 415. 640.5460 for direct assistance.
Yes! If we are experiencing some weather, thank goodness! We usually manage to find some coverage. Come prepared with a hat, breathable rain jacket, wool or synthetic socks etc. We would, however cancel class for thunderstorms – especially on the hill.