Nutrition: Eating for the Season
March 13, 2015 by
Benefits of eating for the season:
- Less Expensive – when you purchase items that are in season. No one had to grow the
- More Nutrients – Not Shipped from 1000’s of miles away.
- Better for the environment – reducing the carbon foot print
- Better Tasting – Not bruised, squishy & tired from being crated for 1000’s of miles
- Better Variety – Trying new veggies every few months!
- More Natural – Eating the foods that are in season is more natural for the body. Not just based on cravings.
- Better for you – packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Better for entertaining – purchase items that are seasonal and spice up your dinner party!
Wondering how to determine what’s in season?
- Go to farmers markets – they only carry what’s in season.
- Google what’s in season for the month
- Check what’s in season here: Seasonal Produce